Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Paint!


I admit I have a paint obsession. I love paint. Once, I had to break up with Benjamin Moore, but we got back together. I just couldn't stay away! Needless to say, it took me a long time to decide on paint colors. But I did manage to get them picked, and I love them all!! The best part about the paint is that no one else is allowed in the house while it's being applied. Not that you'd want to be in there anyway while they're spraying that trim paint (respirator mask, anyone?) but the fact is that's what allows them to get the furniture-like finish on the trim that Jimmy Nash Homes is known for. Who wants sawdust in their trim paint?? Not me and certainly other homeowners don't either.
So the painters get the house all to themselves for about two weeks. They cover EVERYTHING. Some things get extra special treatment. The island top came in during paint, so they stopped what they were doing long enough to get it on and then, whooosh...on went the rosin paper and three layers of plastic! Those guys weren't taking any chances! I was so glad I was there before it got covered up, because it would've been torture not to see it until they were done. Here are some photos of the paint in progress. We're getting really close to being finished, and I can't wait to show you the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment