Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Choosing cabinets, tile and appliances = no blog post


JP was right when he said things would start moving once they started framing the interior walls. I drove by yesterday and caught a glimpse of some 2nd floor framing as well. In the week that's gone by since my last post, we've picked cabinets for the rest of the house (I'll have to post a pic later, since I forgot to take them at the meeting), and I picked out the tile. Cliff left that up to me, so I sure hope he likes what I picked! We also had to pick out appliance size so they could order our cabinets. What a fiasco since I decided to change our original appliance choices...how do you EVER decide!! I've been up 'til all hours researching appliances. Have you ever heard of a Bluestar? They're supposed to be the mack-daddy cooking machine. I'm intrigued by them because it has a 22,000 BTU burner on which you can do true wok cooking. The Bluestar also has an 1850 degree infrared broiler. However, they do not come in a dual fuel, and since I do love to bake, albeit not that often, I'm pretty sure I want an electric oven. So, at this point I have not decided on which range to go with..or maybe I do a Bluestar cooktop and tuck an electric wall oven underneath...but then we don't get the broiler..maybe I'll just go with the Electrolux Icon...but then we don't get the Bluestar cooktop..did I mention you can get the Bluestar in 170 different colors? You can imagine the looks on the faces of Jean Ann, Emily, and Samantha when I told them I wanted a turquoise range...SEE WHAT I MEAN!!! This appliance stuff is HARD!!! I'll let you know later what we go with. For now, here's a peek at our tile...


2 comments:

  1. FYI, the small terra cotta looking tiles will be in the laundry room, the small blue tiles go in the kid's bathroom, and the larger terra cotta go in the upstairs guest bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the turquoise blue range! I think I want a red one :)

    ReplyDelete