Monday, June 14, 2010

Twenty-nine...and counting






So much for no change orders. When we starting building, I told Jimmy that I wasn't going to have ANY; as of today, I am up to number 29. That wouldn't be so bad, but the fireplace change has officially held up the build...yikes! (I really, really want to be in by Christmas!!) In my defense, they move so fast that until I saw the framing for the fireplace, I had no idea that they were getting ready to install the gas and wood burning flues for the family room and basement fireplaces. We had originally decided to do wood in the basement for when we finish it out in the future, and gas in the family room because of, well, I don't know why. I honestly didn't give it that much thought obviously, because now I'm changing it to wood. I love wood burning fireplaces. Of course, that opens up a whole 'nother avenue of what kind of surround to do. I am considering slate, brick, stacked stone...lots of choices! I also have to figure out what kind of mantel I want to do...white, black, gray, stained, one tier, two-tiers...more choices! Here are some of my inspiration pictures. (And a picture of the fireplace framed.) I like them all, but I want to keep the style of the house consistent. That's hard to do when you like everything! I'll show you my final choice when I make up my mind. (Thank goodness I don't have to do that today!)

Changing the subject...we have some of our plumbing done for the kitchen, laundry and wet bar. They drew the outlines of the kitchen cabinets, island, and bar on the floor, which was pretty cool because now I see how they lay out and what size they are. Check out those photos below:


Also, we have felt on most of the roof, so we'll be ready for shingles soon. The brick guy was at the house today while we were there, and they are supposed to get started on Monday! I can't wait to see the brick!! So come back for more exciting changes. There's lots going on and I can't wait to share it with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment