Monday, June 21, 2010

Windows, doors, and shingles, oh my!!

Perfect timing. We pulled up just as the guys were covering the front doors with Tyvek and plywood in order to protect them during the rest of the build. They were gracious to give me a few minutes to take some pictures. All the windows are installed on the first floor, and the second floor should be finished tomorrow. The windows pictured here are on the front porch, and wood panels will be done underneath them in order to echo the panels on the front door. My original thought was to do two straight-top French doors in Cliff's office, but Jimmy and Jim suggested the wood panels below to make the windows appear to be French doors. See, the look for less! (I'm telling all my design secrets now!) But honestly, it's just another way that Jimmy and his team offer up suggestions to make a house work. I love it!

They also completed a large section of shingles today, but it rained so much that I didn't want to traipse down through the mud in order to get a picture. I'll do that tomorrow along with some interior shots, so you'll have to come back and see what those look like.

By the way, the Blue Ridge is under contract! If you haven't been out to see this phenomenal home, get out to Patchen-Wilkes right away before we move. Check back Friday to see our pick for the new model and where we'll be going until it's built. Very exciting stuff!! See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment